We are passionate about software development.
We specialize in the design, development, implementation, and customization of superior Offline Programming (OLP) software for industrial robotic applications. Our software combines an easy-to-use interface with a remarkably powerful software.
Life at OCTOPUZ:
Our uniquely simple yet powerful approach to software is at the forefront of everything we do. If you’re motivated, want to work with a stimulating team, and help change the world of offline programming (OLP) software, then OCTOPUZ is for you. We’re looking for smart brilliant, inspired team players to help us create the world’s best offline programming (OLP) software of the future.
Software Quality Specialist – Ontario, Canada
|Type of Position:||Full Time – Permanent|
|Education Requirement:||University or College Degree|
|Experience Requirement:||1 to 3 years relevant|
The successful applicant will use their software expertise to design and execute test plans, along with other software quality initiatives, to ensure the excellence of OCTOPUZ’ offline programming and simulation software for industrial robotics. Working with Applications Engineers and Developers, you will understand release and customer requirements, provide feedback to development on issues identified and track closure of defects to support launch decisions.
Role Duties and Specifics
- Review design documentation to ensure release requirements are understood and verifiable
- Requirements will be related to core features, user experience, integration, customer’s specific code, performance, stability, etc.
- Design, implement and manage robust test plans, ensuring suitable test coverage for initial testing and regression testing
- Verify fixes provided by development and if needed, contribute to the actual fix
- Consolidate defect reports from all sources and work with Sales, Developers and Applications Engineers to prioritize fixes
- Provide timely defect reporting for risk management
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to Developers and Applications Engineers
- Support the release of new software versions ensuring that a high standard of quality is upheld
- Determine suitability of manual testing vs automated testing for OCTOPUZ’ environment
- Drive continuous improvement within testing and development
- University or College Degree in a technical discipline
- 1 to 3 years of relevant software quality assessment or testing experience
- Experience using C++, C# or Python programming languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience using these skills to communicate effectively across various levels of an organization
Nice to Have’s
- Experience with CAD or CAD/CAM software
- Experience with 6-axis industrial robot interfacing, or direct experience with brands such as Kuka, Fanuc, ABB, Yaskawa, Motoman or similar
- Agile development experience
Email email@example.com to submit resume.
No calls or agencies please.
At OCTOPUZ not all positions are advertised. If you feel you have a skill that would be mutually beneficial, submit your resume for review. Not everyone who applies will be contacted.
No calls or agencies please.